Yesterday, 8/16, was a long day. I arrived at the hospital at noon and Braden was going into shock. Of course this was a major concern and we were taken back to the ICU. We worked with him for about an two hours to get him stable. I was holding his arms and helping the nurse get an IV started and was there with them every step of the way. Our Respiratory Therapist saved the day by converting his mask into a modified "brown paper sack" to calm him down. After this episode and with some encouragement from Susie and her mother, we decided that it would be in our best interest to request a transfer to Children’s in Houston. Of course this sounds easy but there is a lot of background work that has to be done in order to make this happen. Our Drs are talking with their Drs on the best mode and time to transport. We will most likely leave today, 8/17, via medical transport. We were told that this can happen at a moments notice and Kodi is prepared to travel with him and I will follow up either tomorrow or Saturday. So, if there is not an update for awhile, please know that Debby and Susan will have the most current info to share. Kodi and I are hanging tough and doing everything we can to get Braden the care he deserves.
Take care and God Bless,